Monday, March 12, 2007

64 Degrees

Finally, some warm weather. Oh, it felt so good to take the kids outside today. I didn't even make them wear their coats because they were both getting so sweaty with them on. Shari let Lachlan borrow Mac's firetruck push toy and she walked it up and down the whole block. We got a bit of video of it--it was so fun. She was almost hyperventilating because she was so excited to have something to push around. I had to hold on to the back of her coveralls to keep her from going too fast! After that, I pushed her around on a tricycle. She liked it, but she kept trying to stand up on the pedals. We are going to have to work on just sitting on the bike.

We also went to the neigborhood park for the first time today. She loved the baby swing. She laughed for 10 minutes. It is probably pretty soothing for her too--she loves to rock herself back and forth. She thought I was trying to kill her on the slide. It didn't go over very well. She wasn't smiling and she stopped making any noise at all. She just had a really nervous face and her body was as stiff as a board. I made up for it by teaching her how to kick at the wood chips with her shoes. The whole day of adventure wore her out. We had to put her to bed without her bottle tonight at 7:30PM! I don't think that she even laid in her crib for three minutes before she was completely asleep.

Jack slept through both experiences. He does some of his best sleeping in the stroller. I turned the ceiling fan on for him and he watched it for nearly 15 minutes. This is the longest he has ever been entertained by anything.

No comments: