

As you will recall, a while back we had a serious issue with the cats. The resolution eventually involved an extensive Internet search for cat pheromones (love potion no. 9). While searching for ways to make the boys love each other again I ran across the "FURMINATOR". This amazing product claimed to keep your furniture and carpet hair free. Hey, I'm no idiot...fur free? No way. Nonetheless, upon further review...the positive reviews just kept pouring in for this comb.

Post Furminator thoughts:
So there I am at Petsmart on Thursday and there it is...with a 30-day money back guarantee. And it doesn't hurt that I look down at Lachlan and she has little bits of cat hair blowing off of her as she runs down the isles.
Friday morning I set the kids up with their toys, laid out a plastic cover and began to put the furminator to the test. An hour later, the kids were bawling, the cats had retreated to the basement to hide and I was left staring at the biggest ball of fur I have ever seen. In fact, I took these pictures because I didn't think that Jeff would believe me. I put Fritz next to the pile of fur to give you a better idea of how big it was (see picture)...Fritz is not a little kitty, and seriously even then, you can't give the furminator the justice it deserves. I will, however. mention that next time I will wear clothes that can be thrown away because I was covered. I mean COVERED in cat hair. I salvaged the pants, but threw away the t-shirt and socks.

Post Furminator thoughts:1) Jeff's family despises all indoor pets. They will not understand these photos. They will probably never eat anything I bring to a pot luck dinner ever again.
2) I'm keeping the furminator. No need for the money back guarantee.
3) I wish that I would have had a digital scale. My inner scientist was dying to know how much it weighed.
4) We can only hope that this is just the beginning of a home without too much hair floating around with the dust and other wind-blown objects. And if it isn't...well, we're pretty used to the old way.
9 comments:
I must get this immediately! I can't believe that hair pile. Thanks for the rec.
That is disgusting and fascinating at the same time. Does it work on dogs, too? My sis-in-law could really use one.
I think this is what Mom and Dad need for mick! It brings to mind the time Landon combed out mick's hair w/ a golf club and filled a 5 gallon bucket full of her hair...Oh, the joys of having pets, and the reason that Landon will never let me own a cat.
Another idea... you should donate the fur to Ag in the Classroom- I can see it now- spin your own cat fur instead of yarn!
I love the furberator! Do you think that maybe if you comb long enough all the cat hair falls out eliminating the problem? Just a thought!
Oh my... Ag in the classroom. That is CLASSIC. Erica, whoever you are, you are funny. I can just see Deb's face now... Send it anonymously... and send some to Straq for a laugh too.
I agree with cramster... sick and fascinating, like popping zits. Hi erica and sara!
Hey, Amanda, Erica is my sister! She is a graduate of the "program"--now an Ag teacher in Oregon...
You think that is a big ball of fur...you ain't seen nothin' !!! I think you know what I mean!
Post a Comment