Friday, September 19, 2008

for Christoph.

Christoph's parents are good friends and in a round-about-way, part of our family. Our hearts, in particular, go out to Jason and Rachel, and the other Karren family members who we have so loved for nearly two decades. I have saved the obituary as a graphic so that if you would like to read it you can click on it to enlarge.
This post, however, gets dedicated specifically to Laura. There are women whom I admire, and then there are women, like Laura, who are so noble and dignified in every aspect of character... Admire, no. For me, she exemplifies what I aspire to be. Laura loved Christoph with such a level of reverence and respect for not only his disabilities, but also for his abilities. I have been so humbled by her gentle humor, thoughtfulness, hard work and dedication. No complaints, only compassion.

With the loss of your sweet boy, we pray for your comfort and for peace. We rejoice in the fact that Christoph has finished his life with a knowledge of your love and example of true nobility.

1 comment:

Murray Ohana said...

Rose, Thanks for your tribute to Christoph and Laura. I feel the same way...Laura is truly incredible and Christoph was so blessed to have her as his mother.