
Finally.Not only is he the best person for the job, but this is a historic moment. I couldn't be more pleased that my children will get to live through an era where we move to an even greater level of equality. I was so moved last night as I watched hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, the world, not just the United States, but the world over, celebrate the transition of an American president.
Yeah, I'm excited.
7 comments:
me too. i am thrilled to know that i can stand behind this president. the speech he gave last night was so moving, it gave me new hope in our country. yeah. i really feel like the country is a little less depressed today.
hallelujah.
I wish I would have been there to enjoy a little bubbly with you and Brooke today. Even Bruce defied his Arizona Republican family and voted for Obama. His dad called to see if things were awkward since I obviously voted for Obama. "I guess you and Becca cancelled each other out..." he said to Bruce. Bruce kindly informed him that instead of cancelling out, we doubled up. I couldn't be any prouder.
That's a great picture of the kids. They look so happy. It must be carry over from their mom's excitement. - JT
I stayed up late to watch the speeches. The crowd, the moment, it was all so inspiring. I woke up on wednesday feeling more hopeful -- for ALL of us.
The picture it to DIE for! Thank you for your RIP for Sam. Suz told me yesterday. He did have a funny personality.
On an Obama note. Maren was sitting in bed with me when he was giving his speech, and Obama kept saying, "United States". And of course Maren, being the parrot she is lately was repeating him. Wednesday morning, his face was all over the Today Show, and Maren looked up at the TV and said, "Who that." "It is Obama, the new president." "Oh, United States?"
This choked me up. I sat in the booth and checked and unchecked the box. And it wasn't his speech Tues, that I felt Ok, with how things may be.
Love the picture of your kids with the sign!!
Post a Comment