Monday, November 10, 2008

Have You Seen Me?

Mr. Fritz Murray has been missing since Thursday afternoon. He escaped through the garage door in a moment of chaotic "car-loading." I've cased the neighborhood. Snooped through barns, construction sites and backyards. Driven slowly down the main highway looking for his smashed corpse...where are you?? He had his collar on--a quick release, so at least I know that he didn't hang himself. He's got a microchip, but no one from the vet has called me..I know, I've checked the caller-ID every two hours just to make sure.

I even prayed.

I didn't sleep last night. I kept feeling like I should go turn on the porch light for him.

Why is it always the favorite pet that goes first? That cat had style. He would jump into your arms on command--that's talent for a cat.

I keep telling myself that my mom's cats sometimes leave for weeks and then return unscathed...but I just don't think that Fritz is like ol' scarface Ricky and he definitely doesn't have dementia like Ms. Kitty, and let's not even get started on Willie Nelson, that cat took a dog's eye out over some 99 cent cat food. Fritz is to friendly for an unfortunate "run-in" with another animal. He would just roll over and start purring. He's too dumb for violent behavior.

If you see him, let him know that we miss him...seriously, you better call me so that I can load up the kids for an "incredible journey" moment. Here's hoping that Disney was on to something....

sigh.

10 comments:

Candice said...

Just a thought...when our dog got ran over and couldn't walk my mom put her name in the temple. And yes she is still going strong 10 years later. Sorry about your cat good luck!

Suzanne-Michele said...

Thinking good thoughts for Fritz. Maybe he is having the adventure of his life and will come home later this week. Hoping for the best - Suz

Melanie said...

When we were living in Dallas, someone stole Panzer (Our Dog) from our backyard. Less than 24 hours later our doorbell rang, and they returned him. Not sure what happened...he probably bit them. He was so happy to be home...what an adventure. I've always wished he could talk just to tell me what happened.

I was a basket-case until he came back. Don't worry. I'm sure he wil show up.

Sara said...

Sorry about Mr. Fritz Rose. I hope that he comes home soon.

Becca Hatch said...

OH NO!! I am so worried. I will pray for you and Fritz both.

Sara Jane said...

Rose, I hope Fritz makes an appearance soon. My mom's cat always seems to disappear and just when you think he is gone for good, he shows up again.

Danny, Jen, Kadee, Kambrie and Lillian said...

Seriously? How sad. Even though I am deadly allergic to those cats of yours, that breaks my heart. I wish I was in Logan to go on the hunt for you. Good Luck girl..

Amy Bateman said...

Oh no! What cat am I supposed to brag about now?

Live More Now said...

oh no - poor Mr. Fritz! I really really really hope he has been adopted by a nice family that happens to steal nice kitty-cats but that is taking good care of him, but that they immediately get scratched by him and let him out so he can come home to you.

P.S. what is your phone number? (my old phone died and it was in that) Can you call me to tell me if you don't want to make it public knowledge especially if you have any creeps randomly checking your blog? they can call me instead and I'll tell them off: 206.696.1941

Jenni said...

I hope you find him soon!!