Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Biggest Loser

After struggling extensively for over two years to fight the bulge, Bruce finds success in eating less and exercising more...

Before: 16.8 lbs.
After: 15.3 lbs.
Tips that worked for him:

* Switched to "clean food" diet (specifically Science Diet W/D)
* Tried to chase Ernst under the bed at least 4 times in the middle of the night (for 6 months)

Quote: "I knew I had a problem when I couldn't even jump over the kid gate to get away from the children. It was a real eye-opener. I was fat and incredibly lazy. I was afraid that I might get stuck under the bed or something. One day I just decided that I was going to start chasing Ernie around and make his life a living hell--boy, I sure started to feel better after all that exercise. I wanted to be healthy...so I just ate my 1/2 cup of chow and took a nap during the day. It was so easy. If I can do it--anyone can."

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yeah Bruce! You are an inspiration!!

Live More Now said...

That's the trick? I hereby commit in 2009 to making other people's lives living hells and taking naps, and what else??? 1/2 cup of food a day? Oh. Well I might not do that one. Oh well.