Saturday, October 31, 2009

No. 4

Lachlan's birthday celebration included a trip to the playland at the FunPark, chinese food, and a big girl bed. She is growing up so fast. We are so pleased to see the amazing progress she has had this past year. She has worked really hard. Her determination is one her her strengths.

I recently stumbled upon some video footage that Susie took that first night in China. I am incredibly humbled by how much Heavenly Father has blessed her to overcome some incredible challenges. I was amazed at how I could hardly remember the frail and horrible condition she was in, but I don't forget how overwhelming it felt at the time. Her aunt Susie has been such a support to me and a special friend to Lachlan. I always get choked up thinking about that special bond.

Here she is...take a good look at those expensive teeth she is sporting, it will be the last time you see them!!

Big girl bed. She was so excited to be a big girl...even gave up her 'sucking blankets' (hallejuah!). She specifically asked for a kitty cat bedspread and sheets with paw prints--may God continually bless Target for meeting that request.
Celebrating with Chinese food!

This kid loves her dad. There was never a kid who loved someone more...

Chinese kids love noodles. Not a cliche'. A fact.

4 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

Suz and Aunt Merrilee developed some special bonds on that trip as well. Unfortunately Merrilee doesn't remember them due to her copious Ambien usage.

Diana said...

It's amazing what a love and time do, isn't it. She's a cutie, that's for sure. Love her bedspread, too. I MISS Target. They told me when we moved, though, that even with the economic downturn, they are slated to build 20 of them in the next 5 years across the state. Let's hope one of them is here.

Brooke said...

Aw, Happy birthday, little Miss!

the mama monster said...

happy birthday! i can't beleive lachlan is 4 already. looks like a fun day, and that target comment is killing me...