Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where There's Smoke...

Last night I was getting dinner ready while the kids played in their rooms. I was starting to set the table when I realized that it was incredibly quiet at the end of the hall. The kind of creepy quiet you get when there is a real problem. So I yelled out, "What are you doing down there?"

Lachlan yells back in a cheerful voice, "Don't worry mom, we aren't being bad, we are just building a fire!"

Yup. Nothing to worry about there...
Fortunately, their version of a fire pit amounted to a pile of crayons and colored pencils.

I was relieved until they mentioned that "they were getting ready to burn some witches."
Witches?
Really, witches?
Where do they get this stuff?
Seriously, I haven't ever even exposed them to any local "Tea Party" gatherings.

Watch out Bob Bennett, my kids are coming for you.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Bwa ha ha ha! You've been letting them listen to Sarah Palin again. I know it!