
I was so disappointed that I didn't have some beautiful raspberries to garnish the plate. It was a Sunday afternoon by the time we got around to putting the finishing touches on it. Can you believe how beautifully it cuts??! I never would have imagined it.This cake is not for those of you watching cholesterol or for anyone on any other arterial disease prevention program. In fact, I recommend that you have a slice and then chase it with a baby aspirin--BUT, I will say that eating it is a pretty damn fine way to go out of this world.
I'm only including the link to the recipe. It looks really hard, but it isn't hard, you just have to be patient and give yourself plenty of time to finish it up properly--hopefully, with some tasty berries. Postscript: I didn't use the Kirsch, I substituted almond extract. I'm always nervous about putting in a flavored alcohol that I am not familiar with...
No comments:
Post a Comment