A sense of place is important to me. In fact, I honestly believe that it is critically important to most people if they would simply take the time to acknowledge or discover what that even means. I still don't love everything about the house (bathroom cabinets and shelves, I'm looking at you) and sometimes it can be difficult to keep your mouth shut when it comes to your neighbors (don't deny it) BUT overall, I feel connected to this place.
This place is where we belong, as a family...and I'm absolutely sure of that.
On Labor Day we had a picnic with our "extended family" at the Seamon's house. A sense of place gives you a feeling of wholeness and that is exactly how I felt--it was wonderful. I hope Jack and Lachlan grow up with an understanding that finding out who you are can be a great reflection of who and what you have known. These are some of the people who have made me a better person. I hope that you will recognize their influence in your life as well.
Hannah and Kenzie
Hubba, although, most of the work is done by her amazing foster family!
Shari...and her big cup.
How can you not love this child?
Angie, who is my canning partner-in-crime. I'd take a bullet for her just for the simple fact that she loves to experiment with bottled foods...and Travis because he eats it (most of the time).
E & E--I can't get enough of them. They are social heroin.
Our hostess and my new tennis partner!
Hannah and Kenzie
Hubba, although, most of the work is done by her amazing foster family!
Shari...and her big cup.
How can you not love this child?
Angie, who is my canning partner-in-crime. I'd take a bullet for her just for the simple fact that she loves to experiment with bottled foods...and Travis because he eats it (most of the time).
E & E--I can't get enough of them. They are social heroin.
Our hostess and my new tennis partner!Okay, so I didn't get pictures of everyone...but they were there and I will remember it.
Postscript: Jack ate four-FOUR cob-on-the-corns (that's what he calls it) at the party. The kid loves corn. The End.

2 comments:
That pic of Hubba is beautiful. Will you email it to me so I can put it in her file?
Your photos just keep getting better. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment