Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Break

Jack will be four in two weeks. He can't wait for his big-boy bed and a volcano birthday cake. I can't believe it--where has the time gone. This was a random picture taken during our "12 Days of Christmas". Santa came almost every night and brought the kids a little present. Jack is wearing his new "monkey jammies". He was so excited that he ran around in a circle while Jeff sang Jingle Bells. Oh, and he will go to Primary for the first time this Sunday. He is so excited!
Our annual pilgrimage to Temple Square. We got great parking. Seriously, the parking downtown is horrendous lately and I was absolutely thrilled that we were only one block away. Jack kept saying, "oh, it is bweutiful!" "Mom, this is bweutiful!" Lachlan didn't care about anything except "getting to see the white Jesus and hearing his voice..." She loves--I mean LOVES the Christus. We went to see the Square this past summer and she was certain that "Jesus was talking to her" when the little message played in the background. It was so crowded in the rotunda that we didn't stay to "hear him talk to me" and she was seriously mad. She has reminded me every day since that "I need to take her back to Jesus so that she can hear his voice."
My favorite spot is this glowing orange tree over by the Tabernacle. Thank you. Thank you, 50mm lens for making this picture possible.
I cried almost every day for two weeks leading up to Christmas...not a lot, but just at various random moments when I would start to think about how blessed we have been this year. It seems as if there is heartbreak and tragedy all around us. I hate feeling like "when is the ball going to drop for us"--it's not really fear, just a recognition of how fragile life can be.


This was such a fun night for our family. Jeff took us all to Nielson's for Frozen Custard. Jack almost fell asleep in the booth, but he didn't want to leave until all of it was gone. I still get nervous when he is that tired because he can start bawling and then he'll puke to make a point. Lachlan sang Christmas songs in the backseat for a long time. She is really into making up original versions lately. This year she learned Silent Night and Away in a Manger. Jingle Bells is still her favorite. She sings "so much fun it is to ride" instead of "oh, what fun it is to ride"--she sang it so much over the holidays that when I went to sing along with her I actually had to think about what were the real words to the song.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Great photos, great post! I can't believe how fast the time goes and how quickly our babies grow up!!

There are worse things for Lauchlan to be in love with! How precious!

Becca Hatch said...

Lola just touches my heart. What a sweetie.

Donna said...

I love Lauchlan's glasses. Can you tell me who the manufacturer is? We have been trying to find a pair of frames that will fit Ying's tiny little face as well as those seem to fit Lauchlan! She has 2 pairs right now, but both are too big for her. Thanks!

Donna

Jeff and Rose said...

Donna: Lachlan picked out two pair of glasses at eye doctor's office and they both seem to fit her pretty well. They are:

Kool Kids - Model 284 (Black with red accents)
Europa - Doll Face (Pink)

Here are some links I found for the frames or you may want to see if your local shop has some for her to try on:

http://www.go-optic.com/store/eyeglasses/details.asp?id=34612

http://www.europaeye.com/catalog/catalog_product1.asp?p_id=820

I hope that helps and that you and your daughters are doing well. Let me know if the frames work out for Ying.

Brooke said...

Gorgeous temple photos! Also, I'm so glad you got a musical daughter, Rose.