One of the blessings and the curses of
this life is that by the time you
figure out what a wonderful
experience this or that is…chances
are that that point of your life has
swept right through your fingers.
There are certainly times in my life
that I wouldn’t “do over” for
anything, but there are a few
experiences that I ache to re-live.
Not just because I would like to be
young again, but because I would
savor every thought, feeling, hug and
memory. I would take a thousand
more pictures and write a few more
thank you cards. I would like to
think that I would dress for my body
shape rather than for what I saw in
a magazine. I’d be kinder, more
courageous, more spiritual, more
brave…
Emily Dickinson wrote, “that it will
never come again is what makes life
so sweet.”
And this year, I’m thankful that I
finally understand that concept a
little bit better. Most things about
life are temporary. So when things
change, people move on…I’m more
grateful for the time we had with
them, the things we learned, the
memories that we’ll always have…
I'm so thankful for every horrible
and wonderful moment of this past
year. I'm grateful that these
experiences are meant to be
something infinite and
eternal...rather than just a fleeting
moment of time.
1 comment:
love it. Love the Emily Dickinson quote. Love you.
Post a Comment