Let's forget for a moment that Lachlan is standing on our back porch. No, we don't live in a Western Kentucky trailer park--it just looks that way because I never got around to staining the porch this summer. I was too busy paying Sam Palmer to do 1500 other odd jobs. I should have convinced him to drop out of high school so that we would be all caught up before next spring.
Back to my thoughts about this picture. This is actually an outfit that L wore to church--with the sunglasses. She found these sunglasses at a park or public restroom or something like that...and as soon as she put them on it took me back to 1995. Brian Petersen's mother used to have an identical pair that she kept in the Chevy Lumina. Ah, the memories. I used to wear them when we'd drive around town and he'd always say "don't break those or my mom will kill me!" Still. funny.
I love it when the kids get their summer haircuts and all "tanned" up. I need to remember how good L's hair looks when it is in a shorter A-line. Note to self. I like looking at pictures like this because you can almost feel their hot little bodies on your lap.
Obligatory growth chart. Lachlan grew 3 inches, but only gained one pound this year. Just like a bird.
Jack with cousin Holden, who looked soooo confused in every one of the pictures I took on this trip.
See what I mean about the shorter hair? Looks good. She really is a pretty girl.
Mom and Lachlan. Riding the zoo train. Second note to self: for the love of Precious throw those sunglasses away!






1 comment:
Rose, I'm so glad you updated your blog. Your kids are stinkin' cute and you always make me laugh.
Your trip back East looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment