Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Forever Family Day

 On September 21, 2013 we celebrated Lachlan's baptism and Louisa's sealing and blessing.
 We started the day with a family photo shoot. I am so in love with how these pictures came together. I'm also glad that there were a few flowers from the summer still hanging on--it makes it look so lovely.

 Lachlan's new scriptures. She is such a good girl. We were so proud of her on her big day.

 Jeff baptized and confirmed her. President Low said that he had never seen so many people to attend a baptism. We were surrounded by wonderful family and friends. Jeff blessed Lachlan that she would continue to learn and grow, to love school, and prepare to serve a mission and have a family.
 Jack looks so grown up in this picture. I don't love that...
 Oh, my handsome boy. He looks so much like Jeff did when he was this age. I hate to see him start to lose all of his little boy features.


 Louisa was blessed after Lachlan's confirmation. Jeff blessed her with health and strength, that she would know she was a part of our family and we love her, that she would love school and love to learn, and that she would prepare to serve a mission. Bishop Sanders held her in his arms during the blessing and afterward she just wanted to be held and hugged by him.
 We were sealed late in the afternoon by our friend, Steve Karren. All of the kids were able to be there with us as we listened to Steve speak to our family. It was a great experience. Louisa didn't cry, she was so good. I don't have any memories of Lachlan's sealing (thank you postpartum depression) so most of the afternoon I kept asking Jeff if it was like this when we were with Lachlan. I'm so grateful to have this day to reflect and remember.
We had SO many friends with us--I am so grateful for each of you. It was a wonderfully perfect day. It's hard to process what all of it will mean for our family in the years to come.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Beautiful!!

They are growing up so fast!!

Jason Murray said...

Rose, I love your new posts. The pictures of your family day are beautiful! Camping pictures are awesome, and I loved reading about Louisa and your family's adjustment. I keep thinking about what an amazing thing you and Jeff have done by adopting Lachlan and Louisa. As an "outsider" it looks like you are all really meant to be together. You have a beautiful family! I am so happy for you!

Murray Ohana said...

Rose, obviously that last comment wasn't Jason, but me...and yes it's 2am. I hate it when my kids wake me up in the night and I can't get back to sleep. But it's been fun to catch up on a few blogs.