We are getting a few reports from the Beijing travelers. It is good news. They are having a wonderful time. It seems that they are just traveling together with their tour guide so they really have one-on-one attention. They were able to visit an elementary school and play with the kids and also have lunch with a Chinese family. I can't wait to hear about their experiences. I keep waiting for someone to send an email, but perhaps they have been too busy or they just haven't figured out the hotel amenities. It will be better once Jeff arrives on Sunday-he is going to take his laptop and actually send some posts. I have to say that my favorite comment from Susan is that the tour guide calls dad the "Happy Buddha" and that she rubs his belly in the morning before they head out on their excursions. Seriously, I think that it is so funny and perfect for dad--he is probably genuinely flattered! :)As for the home front, well, there isn't much to tell because I feel like I never leave the house. I feed the baby, "pump" (Sara, you can tell Tyler that Aunt Rose now "pumps"), wash bottles, change a diaper, take naps and take my painkillers. I do this repeatedly, day after day, after day. I can't believe how rigorous the schedule feels sometimes. I am truly amazed at how stressed out I can feel by just adding in a load of laundry and walking out to the mailbox. Jeff and I haven't even started packing the bags for him to leave on Friday morning. I think that there is a lot of anxiety surrounding the actual "leaving". We are both nervous and the fatigue only makes it that much harder to get your imagination under control.
The pic is daddy burping Jack last Saturday. We hadn't ever put any clothes on him before because he had to be on the BiliBed (UV lights). Babies wearing clothes is overrated. It is much more difficult to change them with so many layers of "snapped-up bottoms".
No comments:
Post a Comment