
Yesterday, Jack had his first big fall....and it was my fault. I have known for some time that I needed to get rid of his changing table arrangement because he can completely flip himself over on it. Which he did, when I had my back turned. The good/bad news is that he landed on Lachlan's wooden rocking horse. It broke his
fall, but I'm certain from the way he screamed that it didn't feel good either. I was so glad that he didn't have any broken bones or bruises. It mostly just scared the both of us. So I guess from now on we will be changing diapers and getting dressed from the safety of his bedroom floor.
fall, but I'm certain from the way he screamed that it didn't feel good either. I was so glad that he didn't have any broken bones or bruises. It mostly just scared the both of us. So I guess from now on we will be changing diapers and getting dressed from the safety of his bedroom floor.Jack is almost a "sitter". Today, he sat up and read his board books while I supervised Lachlan with her afternoon potty break. He didn't even wobble, he just sat there and smacked the pictures like a real big boy. I took this picture last week while tackling the largest pile of laundry we have ever had in the house (couldn't find the couch). He always wants to sit up and do what everyone else is doing. It makes him so angry when I lie him on the floor. I wish that I could get that excited about folding 75 pairs of socks!
Jack has also moved from his blowing bubbles/spitting phase. I'm sure that some of you will enjoy his company a bit more. It has been replaced by the "tongue poke-out" phase. He pokes his tongue out all day long. It's not really the Gene Simmons/KISS tongue that Lachlan occasionally finds so amusing. It's more of a peek-a-boo/snake-testing-the-air type of deal. Kids are really weird.
Also, a special shout out to cousin Mel-thanks for the pep talk. I realized this morning that it must have been after midnight (your time) when you called. I'll cross my fingers for a visit in the fall.
1 comment:
Eli had his first fall last week. I am so dumb and left him on the bed for a minute because i heard the garbage trucks and i ran to see if we had put the garbage out. i walked in as he was rolling off our tall bed and saw the look of horror on his little face. i cried and cried but he was fine. james dropped ezra on the cement when he was really little. Eli is in a phase where he sticks out his tounge too.i wish we were closer so that the kids could play together. one day....
Post a Comment