Some mornings are harder than others. I wish I could say that today started better, but this is the first conversation I had...
Me: Why does that stupid bird keep chirping right in our window!! It's making me crazy!
Jeff: What??
Me: Freak, where is Bruce?!
Me to Bruce: Get outside you fat kitty and kill that bird before I go insane! (I throw cat out back door)
In my own defense, the bird was flying back and forth between two trees and it was chirping its guts out...not singing, just this chirp, chirp, chirp (over and over and over). aauuggh. AND, Bruce is far too fat to catch a robin. He has to stick with finches and other "bird feeder dwellers". He didn't even try to stalk it because the grass was too wet. Good grief.
4 comments:
At least it was the cat you threw out the back door instead of the children :-). Mine can often be found in the back yard where "outside behavior" is appropriate or where the shrill screams of a fire engine aren't as hard on the eardrums.
Hope the rest of your day goes better.
I was up on purpose today much earlier than I wanted to be, but I have turned over a new leaf and am back at the gym. If I didn't have a partner waiting for me, I would have slept until the birds came for me.
If it makes you feel any better the birds start singing at about 5:30 am here, which is 3:30 your time. The real crapy part is that they wake up Lette. Not good...not good at all!
If it was chirping like that it may have been freaking out that something was trying to get to its nest of babies! There will be plenty of baby robins this year
Post a Comment