Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trading Spaces

Jeff went to Florida for work last week. I'm headed to California tomorrow morning. We are swapping places so that the other can watch the kids. After a week of single parenting, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't looking forward to reading a book in silence on the flight to SoCal. So help me, if I get stuck next to chatty Cathy on the plane I will have to pretend that I have laryngitis or something.

For the most part, the kids were really good last week. We set up a swimming pool and shade in the backyard and pretty much did everything out there. It helped keep the house manageable and the kids were really tired at night so I didn't have any bedtime troubles. I got some great pictures of the kids running through the sprinklers. They were both a little scared of the swimming pool. I think that I got too much water in it--it was a little overwhelming (and cold) to enjoy on the first couple of days. It was much better by the end of the week when the sun had warmed up the water (although we did have to swim with some bugs and a few chicken feathers :)). I also introduced the kids to Popsicles. It was a big hit. The funniest part was how nervous they were that the chickens were going to get their treats. Jack kept saying, "no, no, chick, chick." It was so funny. Oh, and check out Lachlan's swim top. Apparently, it wasn't skimpy enough because she wanted to fold up the top even higher. She wouldn't let me pull it down. She calls it her "Boopy, bra". Yup, she is in love with bras. She told me in Target (as we passed by the lingerie section), "mama! Me need boopy bra!!"


Oh, and before I forget. Happy Birthday to Susan. You are so amazing. I'm so glad that you are one of my closest friends. xoxox. Thanks for sharing your motherhood humiliation with me. It makes me proud!!

No comments: