Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lachlan's Big Girl Pictures

We have been working on turning three. You know, really talking up being a big girl. Big girl panties, big girl potty, share like a big girl, act like a big girl, use your big girl words...the list goes on and on and on...

After last spring's Target Photo Center nightmare (an understatement) I decided to go back to the Kiddie Kandids for a big-girl-I'm-almost-three-quick and easy photo session with Lachlan. I really laid the excitement on thick and it totally paid off. The best part is that we were out of there with pictures in hand in under an hour. KK kicked Target's crass. She really is a beautiful child. She has been such a good helper lately. She nearly "mothers" Jack to death, but I have to admit that when she rubs his back when he falls down or is not happy it is so cute!

The resolution isn't great on these web versions because I just used the ones from the KK website rather than scan in my copies--sorry. The top one is my very favorite. Oh, and the dress is from Carter's in Park City. If you haven't been there lately--too bad for you! Well, unless you have boys--I didn't see any good boy clothes there. I really wanted to find something for Jack to wear to church, but I immediately rule out anything that mentions sports, fishing, firemen, "daddy's helper" or aviation. I hate to even mention church shoes for boys. You might as well drag a dead pig around in your yard because it will be more fun than locating that item. What I'd really like is for Kenneth Cole to come out with a baby dress shoe line in about the $10 a pair range--think how many women would love him!

6 comments:

Diana said...

She gets cuter all the time!! They grow up so fast, don't they? Love the photos.

I've actually had the best luck in finding just plain old boring cheap traditional church shoes for my little one at - of all places - Walmart. Ugh. But hey, whatever works. Finding some that fit over Joseph's leg brace, though...I'd have to agree with you on that one. The dead pig is more fun (and easier, too.)

Brooke said...

Oh Rose, it's so true about boy shoes. Ugh. UGH!

Lachlan really is so beautiful. And good choice on Kiddie Kandids. To me it is absolutely worth the price. Oh wait, I always just get the free birthday 8x10's... :) Even better!

Kimberly said...

She is such a little lady in those pictures!
Thanks for the heads up on boys shoes, I will have to stock up in multiple sizes if I ever find some.

Arlie's Corner said...

Her pictures are so darling! She really is growing up. She will be 18 before you know it, so enjoy it while you can! Tell Erica congratulations on the new babies! Love you. Auntie R

Donna said...

She is looking like such a big girl! What a sweet smile. So you all are still potty training, too? I'm afraid Ying will still be in diapers when it's time for kindergarten! She has no interest in big girl panties and only wants to wear her diapers. God bless her little strong will!

Grandma Judd said...

Hi I am so proud of you for making the quior. What a wonderful time you will have. Some of my happiest times were singing in our quartet. You will do well.