I got the itch to get the crib out of his room. It was a crazy hectic day and I did it anyway--I was afraid that if I didn't just do it that I would let it go another 6 months. Do I want to go back? Good gosh, no...but it is hard to see it come to an end.
The hardest part was that he was soooo ready. I tried to rock and snuggle him before bed that first night and he sat up in my arms and said, "mama, I go sleep in my big boy bed now. You like my big boy bed? I yub my big boy bed." And with that, he slid off my lap and climbed into his bed.
I cried a little bit. But not in front of him.
3 comments:
Wow!!!! We bought a big boy bed for John last week. He isn't ready for it yet but it was a great deal. It will be a sad day when he is a big boy!
I am having a hard time letting go of Ezri's baby things. Zain was drinking out of a sippy cup before I enforced a no bottle policy for her. Isn't it weird how they can make you feel so proud, but so sad at the same time?
His bed is awesome. There is always relief and a little sadness when your children move to a more "grown up" stage of life.
Post a Comment