With the dawning of St. Patrick's Day I just couldn't take one more question about leprechauns. Lachlan is obsessed with leprechauns. I had drawn pictures, re-enacted leprechauns hiding and dancing, told stories about their pointy ears and long creepy fingers, decorated the house and delivered golden coins. And STILL, it wasn't enough! She wanted to see, hold, feel and ultimately, capture her own leprechaun.I finally said, okay, I know where some hide out.
At first dam.
And, truthfully, I have seen some very troll-like individuals hanging out there in the early spring sunshine.
So I bought a couple of Happy Meals and gave them a big "leprechaun-catching" net.
We came home empty-handed, but no one got eaten by a goose and we were not accosted by the troll people.The End.
2 comments:
What is it with preschool these days? Puts all kinds of ideas in my kid's head about catching these goons. I finally had to build a leprechaun trap using a cardboard box which had a trap door hidden under Easter grass. Let's face it. Leprechauns are MUCH smarter than you think. It's not like catching a rabbit. He got away.
That's totally the coolest idea. My kids would go nuts over it. I know lots of moms who are mad at their kids' teachers for planting such ideas in their kids heads, but I have to say that I'm guilty of it too. I love it. And really, how long are they going to believe in them? Okay, Bennett's 9 now, but I think he's starting to have questions. ;)
Post a Comment