Monday, January 28, 2013

IPad Case tutorial

I made an ipad case this afternoon. I used this tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew!

I didn't want the handle and I used stretchy elastic to hold the flap down. I also modified how the topstitching  was done at the end. I only wanted to go around once--cause I'm a super impatient sewer (no surprise there). You only need two fat quarters and two pieces of scrap (for the pocket). Oh, and I tried to make the outside look quilted by adding a thicker fusible fleece to the outer fabric and then stitching along the chevron pattern. Yeah, it looks about like this in real life--either the fabric was too heavy or the batting too thin. Either way you don't really get a good quilted look. I do like how it feels though. The fleece, plus the Pentax really makes for a protective case. I wouldn't be afraid to haul this around in my purse.



During dinner Jeff asked Lachlan what she had for lunch. She said that she had a chicken sandwich. Jeff asked what kind of chicken and she said, "Well, there was ham, then cheese, then turkey. Just a regular chicken sandwich."

Also, every night for at least a month, Jack has asked Jeff about where the Bermuda Triangle is AND are there real pirates and if so HOW can he see some AND are they still alive AND are we far away from the ocean so that they can't get us?? Oh, and on Sunday during Sacrament meeting he determined that Bigfoot was totally real because he found its real skull in a magazine (fossil catalog for science teachers). He said (too loudly), "Oh, I totally knew it, Bigfoot is real!"

1 comment:

Janet said...

Allan's cousin a Professor at ISU he is the leading expert on Big Foot - people pay him $
yep we are pretty proud to have such a famous relative.