I've been working to build baby books for Jack and Lachlan. I thought that maybe I would scrapbook their stuff, but I found out that I just don't have time for the cutting and pasting. I love how easy these books from Blurb.com are to create. It gives me a chance to get caught up and make their books very personal.
I use Photoshop to touch up all my images (cause I am compelled to edit). Blurb.com doesn't have photo editing. You can crop or rotate images, but you can't change the brightness or contrast. I fix all the pictures first and place them in folders by month so that I can just upload them all at once.
I figured out how to scan footprints and handprints to use in the book. The font selection is great--you can use any font which is "true type" on your computer. I wouldn't go any smaller than 10pt font on the readable text. The default is set much lower within the program so you'll have to adjust it.
I love big, full-size pictures. I always get the 11x17 size book so that I can have my favorite pictures in all their glory.
The best part is reading through the stories with the kids. Jack can listen for hours. He wants me to tell the same ones over and over. This is his favorite page--he loves to tell everyone about how he "drank the sweet potatoes and rolled around in the Cocoa Puffs". It was worth the effort to get all of the memories in one place.







1 comment:
The book looks gorgeous and it inspires me to get on the ball and do it myself. I love how you can scan footprints and hand prints. I'm going to be a better record keeper from now on too!
Post a Comment