I really hate Halloween, but I love little kids dressed up in the sunshine. The top photograph is Lou last week and below is Lachlan sporting it in 2008. They would have been the same age. I think they look like biological sisters, although they have completely different characters.
If only I could possibly capture how difficult it was to get her to look at the camera and not lick her costume, put the pumpkin in front of her face, wave at strangers, or pull the whole hood over her head. There was definitely some groans and frustration.
This is her calming technique. She takes her fingers or thumb and just very gently rubs her lips while she sucks on her tongue. I think she would have been a brilliant thumb sucker but it must have been discouraged.
She's mad at me and trying to let me know that she doesn't want to have her picture taken anymore.
I had to get a couple of butt shots. It's the best part of this costume. I love that tail tuff. I let her do some wild running free and it went well until she tried to run directly into the street.
Ah, fall, with the golden light and a longing for the lazy days of summer.
And then you can look back to 2007--Lachlan had just turned two and Jack was 10 months old. Oh, mercy! I should have never given away that chicken outfit. On our first Halloween as a family we went around the block trick or treating--Lachlan came home with a full-sized Snickers bar. She immediately opened it and sat down to eat the entire thing. I thought for sure that she would be throwing up all night. She's since proved that there isn't an amount of candy that will turn that stomach.
Jack was so happy to be a dinosaur wearing lipstick and for the record L can still get this outfit on!
Jack was Batman two years in a row. I made that Statue of Liberty costume in about an hour and I'm still totally proud of myself for it!
Only to be followed by the gang from Scooby Doo--
I just can't believe that there are so many memories connected with this ridiculous holiday. On Thursday, Jack will suit up as the Hulk, Lachlan will don the Rapunzel gown (complete with golden hair), and Jeff will cover his whole head, eye brows and beard with black shoe polish to be the creepiest Lumberjack ever and we'll make a few more.














1 comment:
Rose those pictures are GORGEOUS! I'm jealous of the fall leaves and that beautiful light! That costume is the best ever! I can't get over the giraffe butt :).
Post a Comment