Monday, March 17, 2014
Jack is Seven!
Dear Jack,
You made it to number seven!
Those teeth are killing me. It's only March, but your right front tooth is already in and the left is poking through the gum. Goblin teeth. I also can't believe that a seven-year-old gets this much food on their face when they eat, but you always do...at every meal. You like to spoon huge globs of food into your mouth like you are Johnny Chestnut at the hot dog championship. It's really gross, but definitely you.
You had another Super Hero birthday this year. That Avengers t-shirt you are wearing gets worn at least twice a week--maybe because almost everything we bought you for school is already too small. You grew a full two sizes this past year. I love it when you show me your muscles and ask me to feel how big they are getting. Dad always tells you to stop growing and you love to tell him that you "just can't help it!" I know that you really love getting bigger.
You are reading chapter books and I know that you can read all of the Dr. Seuss books now. You like to read them to Louisa even though she won't listen and usually ends up playing a farting game with you. At least you start out with good intentions.
I was so proud of you for wanting to have your goal this year to be "controlling your temper". I've been so pleased with how you are trying to be patient with your sisters. Lachlan can't hear a word you are saying and Louisa is nuts...so I know it can be really frustrating!
I wanted to give you a kitten this year for your birthday because you have a really good heart for loving animals. Taking care of animals is a good way to learn how to be gentle and responsible at the same time. I love watching you play and laugh with Tiger. I also love that you are trying to "learn how to talk to cats"--just keep practicing--I know you'll figure it out someday.
I asked you if you wanted to be a veterinarian when you grew up. You said, "no, I want to be a police or a fireman." You're awesome and for the record, let's shoot for something not so exciting. :)
Miss Sharp says that you are a good example in first grade. You sit at a table with some "difficult boys"--thank you for trying to do your best to work hard and help others. If you'll keep doing that you'll never need to look for friends you'll always have the best people around you. Don't forget to stand up for kids who are getting bullied. You're a popular kid and your opinion can really make a difference for others who are having a tough time.
This past year I've noticed that you've started to be able to find the pitch in a song. Your dad and I think it's pretty cool. You have a really deep voice--someday it's going to be awesome.
Jack's New Kittens:
Staring out the window at the chickens--it was very exciting until I let them go outside and see them up close. Simply put, chickens are not prey for cats.
Mr. Charlie: He's a lot like our old cat Ernie. Very neurotic. I'm wondering if this is an orange tabby thing??
Poor Charlie had a terrible cold from the animal shelter--he had a pretty scabbed up face too.
Tiger: Jack named him. He's such a good kitty. He holds his tail straight up in the air--all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment