Friday, August 10, 2007

Good Lord, I might be a Redneck


Okay, so last night at the county fair Susan asked me if I had gotten a hair cut or color--um, nope, just finally washed and did my hair. It made me think of this add Jeff sent to me. It is from one of our old ski school friends. He sent a bunch of redneck jokes. My other favorite is the deer butt doorbell. Totally gross, but I laughed out loud because I can think of several Judd relatives who would fight for this at the jackpot Christmas party.

Back to the whole Walmart comment- uugh, I hate that place, but I do find that I shop there lately with alarming frequency. Just a little flash back, when I started working for the university I had to do the bulk shopping for teacher workshops and generally this included a "big shop" at the Walmart. Oh, how I hated it because I had to wait in the customer service lane (used to have purchase orders) with two carts full of pipe cleaners, scented markers, rubbermaid tubs and chocolates. I don't know how many of you have ever waited in the customer service lane, but it is an eternal process and inevitably there is a woman who smells like she bathed in old popcorn butter, an overweight individual in a rascal and one man with his pants unzipped. It is unnerving to the most patient person (which as some of you know, I am not). At any rate, these reflections have given me renewed strength to overcome my downgraded appearance. So the next time you see checking out the "George Collection" in the Misses department I won't be wearing the black stretch maternity pants...BUT you might see me in them at the Dollar Tree.
Just kidding (sort of).
Back to the county fair--Lachlan LOVED it! What's not to love? She patted the cows, the sheep, the goats. She poked a chicken in the eyeball and stared a pig square in the face (it then grunted and she ran to her dad and needed some hugs). Oh, and she looked at the rabbits, but I don't think that rabbits are her thing because she didn't seem very impressed. It was so fun for us to watch her figure it all out. She loved hearing the cows and sheep talk to each other. She said, "moo" and "maa" and she would have fed the goats all night long. She loves to drop little bits of hay into them and then watch them nibble at it. At one point, I caught her trying to climb over the fence to get in the pen. To top it all off, she even got to boogie to some country music and eat a red sucker ( she looked like a bloody disaster victim). Even Jack enjoyed himself, he kept singing and kicking his legs. We had a great time.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, you are hilarious. I totally relate to Ms. Jackson. I haven't even showered today yet I've shopped in at least 4 stores! Perhaps this is the inspiration I need... speaking of Walmarts, is the new one in Nibley/south Logan open yet?

the mama monster said...

rose you make me laugh so hard! i hope you don't mind that we linked your blog to ours. i love reading what you have to say because we are going through alot of the same things right now and you make me feel like i'm not the only one.

Kristee and Jared said...

Oh how your comments on the Walmart trips take me back. Our good ol' days at the AITC! I think I'm the only person who has ever bought Walmart out of cotton balls...twice. And, of course, it was standing in the Customer Service line. I thought life with one child was wild. I think you're amazing to keep up with two. If you only ever have an occasional melt down, you are doing great!