Me: Oh, man, kidney beans are on sale. I better get a case.
Me: Oh, look and black beans too, better get a case of both.
Suz: Sheesh, look here, stewed tomatoes. Sweet.
Suz: Oh, Rose, these are individually wrapped prunes. They are awesome!
Me: You've got to be kidding me.
Suz: Seriously, they taste just like a piece of candy!
Me: Well, shoot, they're on sale. I'll get two of them.
Suz: Open one of them now and try it.
Me: No way, we're in Maceys.
Suz: I want to see the look on your face when you eat it.
Me: (laughing) Isn't that a line from a movie?
Suz: Yeah, but we are talking about eating a prune and pretending that it is candy. And you have two cases of beans in your cart.

4 comments:
I can SOOO relate!! Remember when a night out involved actually dressing up, wearing lipstick, and eating dinner at a restaurant with no playland and actually serves dinner on real plates??
So I totally laughed out loud, again! It just doesn't get any less funny! We are so sad!
That was Great! I was laughing because I was picturing the two of you.
Makeup, hair and no hat. I have to make sure that I get it together with a bit of perfume at least on the weekend these days.
Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud when I read this! It is classic. Classic sister-ness, Rose & Susie-ness, and classic mom-ness. I am really looking forward to checking out the candy prunes myself.
Post a Comment