Just before noon on Friday:I was in checking on my web shmuck (he will remain nameless for now), but essentially I work with this dude. Let's just say things have not been getting done. Jack was asleep. Lachlan playing with her toys (which means she was taking the pants off her doll). I am concentrating on diplomacy and efficiency with the dude. I have been working for about 20 minutes when L comes running into the room and says, "Mama, wa wa....me shoo, too be" Translation: Mom, look I have been doing my hair! I notice that indeed, the girl has been in there working on it. It is wetted down, make that, heavily wetted down. And combed down flat to her head (think Mr. Gilson 7th grade science teacher style). She is so proud of this that I say, "Wow, you have been in there working on it--and you even used the water from your sippy cup to help!"
I pat myself on the back for being supportive.
Fast Forward
Late Afternoon on Tuesday:
I am trying to get the dishes done, dinner fixed. Jack is in his high chair, whining for more food. Lachlan is playing in the living room (taking pants off of her doll). I have been absorbed in crisis management, but I sense disaster..."Lachlan, where are you?" no answer. I find her out on the ledge of our stairway. She has the cat's water bowl in her hands and it appears that she is pouring it on the stairs below. "What the hell? Immediate time out!" She promptly rushes to her room. I follow behind and close the door. Five minutes later I head in there to talk about how dangerous it is for her to be out on that ledge (think: do you want to fall and break your neck??)
Following all of the good discipline techniques I crouch down and look into her eyes, "L, you can't get out there on that ledge with the cat's water.....?" pause, silence and I notice that her hair has "been worked on" in the course of about two seconds my mind drafts together the realization that she has been "doing" her hair by dipping her head in the cat's water. She wasn't out on the ledge pouring the water onto the stairs, she was "workin' on her hair."
Still silence in the room, until I have to stand up slowly without saying anything else and walk out of the room to laugh out loud.
Note to self:
1) At least she wasn't drinking it.
2) It could have been worse (i.e., toilet water)
3) Own hygiene is not what it used to be- personal hairdo maybe looks similar.
3 comments:
How funny! It's a good thing she didn't fall! Oh, and I like your new blog background.
I like the wet look for Lachlan!
And yes, let's have lunch this week! I'll call you, tuner!!!!!
Post a Comment