Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From Scratch...

I took the time to make Jack's birthday cake from scratch. Oh, I had forgotten why it can be worth the effort. It was a beautiful three-layer yellow and dark chocolate delicacy (if I do say so myself...and I do because I ate two pieces). Jack climbed up on the counter while I was finishing the dishes and ate part of his 3-layer "baby cake" before it was even frosted. I created a cute slideshow of his party so make sure to check it out.

We had such a good time celebrating. I finally made something that everyone liked (hard to please this crowd)...philly cheese steak sandwiches. I was inspired by Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I am addicted to that show. It makes me salivate before I've even clicked on the new episodes. The only thing I will do differently with this menu is to add homemade onion rings next time...I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is a beautiful cake, Rose. You've done it again!

Amanda said...

from scratch??? you are seriously impressive. maybe I'll make one from scratch in honor of John's first birthday. Cause lets be honest - the rest will come from a box.