It has been a long week for Jack. He has been so very sick. A horrible cold topped off with a bit of a stomach virus. Nothing worse that having a sore throat, stuffed nose and vomiting. Today is the first day out of the last three that I didn't rock him or hold him all day long. We even went out to eat at the McDonald's Playland last night because I was feeling so guilty about Lachlan's lack of attention. She thought that she had died and gone to heaven.
I have been back to our regular diet now for about a week (post-holiday hangover). Let's just say that Lachlan would rather eat something laced with cinnamon and sugar rather than plain oatmeal for breakfast and vegetable-based lunches. She went on a Gandhi-type fast for a few days before she got hungry enough to eat it. She is rediscovering her likeness for dried fruit and oranges as snacks. She still asks for chocolate after every meal, but hey, so do I...
I am so glad that all of the treats are finally out of the house. It is really hard to give the kids a "snack" and not have a few for yourself. I'm not really capable of a lot of self-control in this area.
Oh, and I finally started my guitar class last week. I have been playing left-handed, but our instructor suggested that maybe I would have a better advantage if I took use of the dexterity of my left hand (as it is the stronger of the two). Consequentially, I had the local shop restring my guitar for a right-handed person. It has been a hard week because I feel dyslexic. I'm not really sure if I like the change. It still feels very awkward and my finger tips are killing me! I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to see if it really does make a difference. For now, I'm just plugging away on a dorky-looking guitar (the guitar still has the pick-plate on upside down..I'll fix it later if I like the change).


1 comment:
You are busy. And are you still doing your part time work for Ag in the classroom stuff (I can't remember exactly what it was...)
Also, did you get my address? I emailed it to your fritzbaby email address. Just wondering. Looks like you have your hands full with two little ones.
Post a Comment