Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Winners & Losers

We got a new tree for the backyard. I am so excited. It was so big that we had it delivered and it took both Jeff and I about two hours to get it in the ground properly. I can't wait until we have some shade. We hadn't planned to put in another big tree, but the heat gets so intense in the backyard that we don't think that we can stand it. Grow little tree!

I found these beautiful peonies at Costco. The little gravestones are actually peonie bulbs-also a Costco purchase. I guess we'll see which ones work out best.

My lettuce! It grows! I also have radish seedlings! A miracle.

Speaking of miracles, check out this Hosta that came back from last year. The winter was so harsh--I couldn't believe it, but it is actually going to flourish. Glory be!

My herb garden. With the new basil plants...

Tomatoes, onions, peppers, radishes, dill...bring on the sunshine.
And now the losers...my kitchen at 7:30PM on Saturday. Hello, this is a job that requires the rubber gloves and Lysol. Where are the Merry Maids when you need them??

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I can't stop laughing!! Your kids obviously didn't inherit your leanings toward OCD. I love the picture of your kitchen- you are not the only one, and anyone who tries to say theirs has never looked that way is a BIG. FAT. LIAR.

Becca Hatch said...

I had no sooner posted the above comment then I noticed Kiki had one hand in the garbage fishing out who knows what.

Sara Jane said...

Rose, your blog is great! Your garden is so fun and good for you for planting and enduring all the trials of doing things that would take 1/3 of the time to do without kids. I guess they learn and that's why we do those things. It was good to see you and I will keep in tough through your blog!
Sara Jane

Oh, and what is it about tampons and little boys--maybe it goes for girls as well, but Larry and Porter love to fish them out of the box and play with them.

Jessica said...

Keep posting pictures of your garden so I can live vicariously through it!

Melanie said...

I along with Becca was glad to see someone else's messy kitchen. It made me feel better to know that I was not alone. I guess the DINK (Double Income No Kids) days are offically gone with pictures like that. Who knew how easy we had it back then.