Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let Me Just Tell You...


This one more thing... that's what Jeff's mom always says when we are trying to leave. I almost forgot to post these non-essential items.

I put up new drapes in Jack's room. They were a screaming deal at DownEast Home. I had a neighbor lady help me with the hemming. I decided that if I put drapes in his room to darken it that he would sleep in a bit longer in the mornings. Drapes went up two days ago, they make the room as dark as sin...kid still wakes up at 6:15 AM. Go figure.



We went to SummerFest. Most of it, same old stuff. BUT I did find something special. I am so in love with Owen's jewelry. You have to check it out!! I hope that Jeff remembers this in August--you might want to write it down honey. He does everything with pressed flowers and leaves. These earrings have queen anne's lace--they are so original and beautiful. I also love his artwork, but I've got to wait until our retirement to purchase it.

I also want to remember how simple it is, and how difficult to raise a toddler. Here are some pictures of Jack enjoying life one minute, and wanting to curl up and die the next. (Time lapse: 6 minutes 22 seconds).

Nothing smells better than a good rock!Stubbed toe while smelling rocks with eyes closed.Move on to drinking out of the hose.Cry again because some water got on his pants and up nose.

"Mama, house, now, treats, peez." At least he knows when to call it quits.

3 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

Oh, have I ever been there on the mood swings! Sometimes it's Kiki, and let's be honest- sometimes it's me. My kids are loving the water as well- I got a pool pass, and a pool in the yard, and they just aren't happy unless they are soaking wet at least once a day. Have fun on your trip!

jenny said...

if it makes you feel any better, demsond wakes up at 5:45 AM every morning. i think 6:15 is sleeping in. don't know how to change that!

Live More Now said...

oh rosa! i love your descriptions. these stories are the best. i hope you guys are doing great. miss you, xoxo heather