So Pearce wants to know "what movie"? Well, just for all the sinners out there...Sex and the City! Yeah, I went with Jen and Carrie last Friday and it was FABULOUS. I loved it. I laughed, I cried. It was such a fun night. We were completely overdressed for the theater, but so were the other 500 women who were there cheering in their seats along with us. The best part was that they didn't deviate from the original format of the show. It was like watching an extended version on steroids. I recommend it to all my old girlfriends. Don't see it alone--but don't take a man. This is one that is best seen in an estrogen-overload environment.
*spoiler alert*
Becca, my favorite line was when Carrie was trying to talk Charlotte into running again and Charlotte was so passionately explaining how she had the perfect life and she didn't want anything bad to happen--and then Carrie says, "Charlotte, your life isn't perfect, you shit your pants this last year!" I laughed so hard that I literally had tears in my eyes.
Oh, and "I wore a bird in my hair for him, a bird, a bird."
To my Carrie and Jen: You guys are the best. And Carrie, I would never judge you. And Jen, a big congrats on the rock.
3 comments:
glad to hear it wasn't a disappointment. i have been trying to figure out how i am going to see it.
Rosa! Yes! I just went to the movie yesterday with my sis and my Dad's wife Vicky! SAME - we laughed and cried, giggled, sometimes were tempted to cover our eyes, but didn't (nice buns!) The bird in the hair was the best. It was my sister's second time watching it! You're right - better with women only. I love women. I would try to marry one if I could figure out a way to make that work, but unfortunately I can't switch teams!
I just saw it last night with my sister and mom. We were on vacation, and my sister tried to convince my mom she would LOVE the movie beside the fact that she has NEVER seen it, and used to shake her head at me when I would watch it.
I loved it! And just laughed and ignored my mom covering and making strange noises during the sex scenes.
Post a Comment