
The Last Lecture,
written by Randy Pausch.
My Highest Recommendation.
I laid awake in bed for an hour after finishing this book. This book will ask you to take a hard look at your own life and the legacy you wish to leave. Remove all eye makeup before starting...
To Randy Pausch, what an incredible gift you have given to your children and so many people--even strangers like me. As an educator, I was so touched by the genuine "knowledge" you offered to your students. In our office we call that a Master Teacher. You, sir, would get that award from me should we ever meet. It was a humbling experience for me to learn something from you. The separation you have from your wife and children will seem but a moment, and I know that you will have all the rest of eternity to teach each other what you have learned in this life.
My Highest Recommendation.
I laid awake in bed for an hour after finishing this book. This book will ask you to take a hard look at your own life and the legacy you wish to leave. Remove all eye makeup before starting...
To Randy Pausch, what an incredible gift you have given to your children and so many people--even strangers like me. As an educator, I was so touched by the genuine "knowledge" you offered to your students. In our office we call that a Master Teacher. You, sir, would get that award from me should we ever meet. It was a humbling experience for me to learn something from you. The separation you have from your wife and children will seem but a moment, and I know that you will have all the rest of eternity to teach each other what you have learned in this life.
Favorite Quote (and truth):
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."
To see an update on Randy, check out this website.
To see an update on Randy, check out this website.
2 comments:
I just read in the paper that he passed away yesterday. I have heard about him, and what a loss.
I just finished this book while I was at mom's. I think that quote on experience was one of my favorites. I was sad to hear on the news yesterday about his death.
Post a Comment