Nonetheless, Lachlan fancies herself as somewhat of a fixer-upper (see previous "helper" posts). You should have heard her talking to herself (like Jeff does) while staring up at the sink from the inside of the cabinet. I'm sure that Irene would say, "wow, she'd be a great plumber!" 
I suppose that when you get paid by the hour, it's in your best interest to take a bit of a break.

I suppose that when you get paid by the hour, it's in your best interest to take a bit of a break.
These pictures are for Becca. Your post about being a Domestic Badass (rather than Domestic Goddess) really got me thinking about why women should be in charge of the world. I say, ditto to your list with a personal substitution for women who believe that Great Harvest Bread Co. makes for a smart choice. Instead, I include...Domestic Goddess: plants a few flowers in the yard. Domestic Badass: makes her own compost and knows enough about soil science to grow 9ft. sunflowers and 5 1/2 foot zinnias FROM SEED! Okay, seriously though, I am a little nervous that the blackbirds will get so thick this fall that they may haul off with some of our yard art. Jeff is hoping that the first thing they take will be the wreaths that I hung on his man-shed. :) oh, and you can't tell from this picture, but Jack is hiding in the flowers with all three cats and the chicken.

AND...there has been a rumor that I have to wear rubber gloves to wash the children after they eat. Yes, it is true. I can admit it. Even badasses have their limits. Case in point shown below. The sludge on his tray--I took a picture of it, but it still makes me gag so I have to wait a few more days before I'm over it.
8 comments:
Excellent post! I think I am close to being crowned part of the "BadAss gardener" group. I've got the compost...now I'm thinking worm farming!! Love you Rose!
I would not refer to us as in our mid thirties. Let's not jump ahead here. I did notice in a previous post that your cherry tomatoes did look much better than mine. I need a few tips. The flowers are really nice. Right now I just have rocks because I am afraid of failure with the flowers.
Rosa,
I love your blog! It makes me laugh every time. I started that whole book series you mentioned because I was leaving for vacation in Alaska and needed some light reading. ;) I'm half way through and already love vampires. Just getting ready to start the 3rd book. Will report to you how I like it. By the way, I only fell down like 3 times while in Alaska, and most of those were only because I was trying to jump really high on the trampoline on a slight hill surrounded by alders and pokey bushes and not pee my pants at the same time. Your comment made me laugh so hard and made Luke raise an eyebrow. :) love you girlie!
Obviously you are an original badass. I'm so jealous of your flowers, so I will have to throw in your face that Janet and I did 20 quarts of peaches and 8 jars of freezer jam today. I'm hating peaches right now.
I miss my flowers! Yours looks so great!
Badass-mamjamma!!
Rose loved the post. Do you think Jack and David look a little similar? That last picture you posted looks a little like David.
Your flowers are amazing. I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment