Monday, August 4, 2008

So Sleepy...


I did it. I read the series before Friday night...and then I read Breaking Dawn on Saturday. I'm going to wait a couple of days to post an official review (can't talk about it without spoiling it for others). I will say that I gave it 4 stars (out of 5). I liked it. I liked them all... I have to say that I am liking it even more the second time, yeah, I'm half way through it again. I had to read it again so that I would do it slower and not worry so much about what I didn't know about the ending. It's just as good.


I only wish that someone like (director) Peter Jackson would do the movies. He did such an amazing job with Lord of the Rings...I wouldn't have thought it possible to make those movies so believable. I'm nervous that the movie is going to really suck. I'm excited for the movie, but not so impressed with the trailers that I've seen. At any rate, I've had my vampire fix...I suppose that it will be back to nonfiction by Wednesday.

5 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

Rose - I've finished the fourth book myself! We need to talk....

Becca Hatch said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I just read "Last Lecture" in a day. I pretty much cried my way thru during Kate's gymnastics class. That wasn't embarassing at all, but I couldn't stop crying OR reading so I was stuck. Don't spoil anything for me in Breaking Dawn. Also, check my blog for a funny anecdote about Kate that involves you.

Jeff and Rose said...

Folks, I'm giving you until Friday to get on it with the book and then I'm giving a full rundown/review...complete with spoilers...AND I'm opening it up for comments. I've read it twice and I've had some time to really think about what I want to say. I need to get it out of my system so that I can get on with my life!!

Sara Jane said...

I look forward to Friday! I don't know where I have been but I have not read any of the books. Just based on knowledge of the books I've heard through the grapevine, I wouldn't go see the movie after seeing the trailers. Isn't the dude supposed to be handsome? And he looks like a vampire to me--he's just so pale, but what do I know. I will read your blog and reviews and feel satisfied. I know if I read the books I will go on a 3 day binge and do nothing but read. That's what I do with fiction.

Andrea said...

I'm such a dope- I had all these things to talk about with you when we were there with you on Saturday but I completely forgot about them, I must have been distracted by the people dressed as pigs. Can't wait for Friday to see what you think!