I'm 400 miles from home. I found out that I didn't have a wallet, credit card, cash, ID, Driver's License when I was about 300 miles from home. It was an honest mistake. I double checked everything--even walked out the door holding my cell phone so that I wouldn't forget it. I left the wallet on the bedroom floor after I got distracted getting the kids out the door...didn't want them to be late for church.
Thank goodness for you, Peggy. Thanks for vouching for me at the hotel, for the cash, for the moral support. It could have been worse. I've only got to teach one class tomorrow and then I'm going to try to get home without having any kind of incident that would require me to be identified under any definition of the law.
Oh, and I just did a 1/2 Blackened Chicken Salad Carside order from Applebees, they didn't include a fork. What the heck!!?? I just ate it in the motel room with my fingers. Good thing I've grown out these fingernails so that I could scoop up those hard boiled eggs....
3 comments:
oh my goodness, Rosa. Good one. You just pulled a Heather. Wow. I'm glad you are surviving. I hope they let you back across the border. I will keep my fingers crossed and am always happy to send you the extra fake i.d. I keep on hand for all my illegal side activities. :)
That stinks to be so far away with no wallet. Glad you made it back without any trouble with the law.
i love picturing you eating a salad with long fingernails as forks. i laughed out loud. sorry for all the chaos......where were you?
Post a Comment