Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jeff Gets Older

We celebrated Jeff's birthday this week. He's still older than me, it's really all that matters at this point. I let the kids choose birthday presents for him. Lachlan chose some fake "gag" teeth. Jack chose a rubber dolphin. After he opened his presents, both kids said, "Happy Birthday, dad, thanks for OUR presents." I guess that we aren't really to "give it away" yet.

I cooked a real meal. It's been hit or miss lately so it was something to be remembered.
I made a cake and it was good. The kids wanted to get him a chocolate cake with a purple rainbow and blue frosting. It sounded like something that could only be recreated with an airbrush at Albertson's so I had to recreate the image another way. Angel food cake with lemon pudding in the center, with strawberries and blackberries on top. Jack was thrilled because there was whip cream involved and Lachlan had "her" fake teeth in by the time cake was served so she could have cared less.

Jeff is a great dad. We are lucky to have him.







3 comments:

Maeve said...

I love the fake teeth. Wow L is amazing.

Jenni said...

I need some of that cake right now!

Suzanne-Michele said...

Teeth. Lovely. Nothing says "getting older" more than to be given false teeth for your birthday ;-)