Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Skiing: Round Two

Dear Kids,
You really should be grateful every day that you have your dad to look out for you. There are times (see below), when I have been known to just walk away. I just don't have the patience for your 'gummy worm' legs. I want to leave you in the truck when you start to cry for no apparent reason--but not your dad. Your dad is an amazing man. He was built with an incredible amount of patience. And because of him, you will someday be incredibly gifted skiers. If it were up to me you would still be locked in the truck in the parking lot of the resort.
Notice the incredible amount of effort Jack is exerting to assist in this recovery. He also hasn't any hands shoved down in those gloves so when you go to grab his hand you just get a fist full of frustration.
Took this picture approximately 4.6 seconds after the first.

Finally, off again. I wish that you could see the sweat glistening on Jeff's brow. We must have been asked a thousand times, "How old are those kids?" Hey, WE are THOSE people who put babies on skis. We did have a good laugh about Jack. The dude isn't even 36 inches tall! Well, he might be with that big brain bucket he's got on that head! I was cracking up when he skied through a big bunch of rollers on a cat track. He told me, "wow, mom, I went on the bumps on the goat hill!"
My Valentine's babes on the lift. The kids call it "the swing."

My favorite ski partner.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

They look good!

Erica said...

I wish I could have been there! Miss you guys.

Live More Now said...

You guys are all darling. I love it! And that last pic with Suz - so cute!! xoxox