This is a picture from L's 3rd birthday. She's now doubled in age. I can't believe how things have changed over the past few years. Watching your children grow up is an interesting process of reflection and wonderment.
She still likes to put things in her ear and rub her nose and eyes with the end of a sheet when she goes to bed. I remember giving her this old diaper because I was so tired of her literally eating up the good sheets and her blankets. Jack has his signature "chocolate bottle"--part of our weight increase plan.
This year Lachlan wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese for her birthday. Curse the cartoon network for marketing that germ pit. We took her to Boondocks which is newer--and thus, less smelly and gross. We told her that it was CEC and were so glad that she can't read at that level yet. We rode the go-carts, bowled, did mini-golf [Lachlan ran for her life when Jeff sunk the last put and King Tut shot the water out of his mouth]. Their favorite part was watching Jeff play the arcade games and cheering him on so that they could collect the tickets. He's alarmingly good at the free-throw shot game, the kids made a killing at that one.
We celebrated her birthday dinner at Formosa and then Aunt Carrie saved the day with an ice cream cake. Lachlan loves noodles. She can eat an entire package of Ramen at one sitting--which is quite remarkable considering that she only consumes 3 Tablespoons of food daily. It's ironic that she got a mother that is so obsessed with food that she can eat a full meal at any given time; while she is absolutely uninspired by food. Candy is NOT in the food category, so of course she is very interested in it. She hoards it in her "special art box"--which I gave her for her birthday. And the circle just goes around and around.
You know those people that can remember every detail of their lives? Well, L has a wickedly good memory--like Rain Man or serial killer good. She will recall tidbits of information about her life that happened SO long ago that you don't even know what she's talking about--but then she will quote what you said to her during the "thing." Most of the time I don't really think about it because if you do--it is very unnerving. I can't even imagine what details she is going to be able to offer her therapist in 10 years.
She's also a great lover [people only, not animals]. She always says to us, "I love you more than you love me!" Which we always laugh about--
She loves her Aunt Carrie. They have a special friendship.
She loves her brother. So much--I didn't know that it was possible for two siblings to be so connected with each other. They are best friends.
We stick together.





2 comments:
Wow!! Can't believe it's been that long...and how fast they're growing up!! Mine came to me big, so I really do have to go back and look at the pictures of when they first came home to remember how much they've really changed!
And yet, even with all the time that's passed, some days it still feels like just yesterday...and I'd still rather shave my legs with a spoon every day for the rest of my life than ever go back.
My blog has moved to a new location. http://fromsurvivaltoserenity.blogspot.com. I had to take my old one private before my final "I've moved" post made it to most of the feed readers. So, now I get to tell everyone the old fashioned way.
Happy birthday, beautiful girl. I will never forget your description of her waving to all the Disney princesses, "Jasmine! Jasmine! Over here! It's me, Lachlan!!!!" The best ever.
Post a Comment