I'm more sentimental about these photos now than I was when I took them. The ski season at Beaver Mountain is nearly over (last day April 1st). We took a trip up the canyon last fall to check out the new Little Beaver Lift. I've been skiing here for almost two decades--Jeff longer than that--and it really is the place of so many wonderful memories. The best part is that it continues to be special for our family. We have skied every Saturday this winter and there hasn't been a complaint. The kids look forward to it every week [especially since Jeff instituted that Saturday mornings are for fresh donuts from Maceys]
The ski office.
Old Little Beaver lift is dismantled. I REALLY wanted one of those ski lift chairs. I'll probably regret it forever... the old rope tow is also gone, but I will not miss you RT. You hurt my arms and once your orange handle smacked me so hard on the back of the leg I almost bawled.
The new LBL is down at the bottom of the "learners" hill--there is a nice "magic carpet" on the left that is sooo much easier for small or uncoordinated people. Moving the lift means that you have several new run options on this hill. Our favorite this season was Cottontail--nice and wide with lots of rollers for Jack to race through.
The Face Lift: still a double chair.
Walking up the main section of Little Beaver to the top.







1 comment:
Beautiful pics... love the washed out sunshiney look.
Post a Comment