Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Gaining Weight

Jack is now 6 pounds 13 ounces...not bad for a one week gain! We went to see Dr. V earlier in the week and all is well. I had a nice conversation about how his fussiness is going to increase until the sixth week. Oh, boy. Just what I needed to hear. We have been getting along pretty well without dad, but I have been very lonely in the evenings. Nanny Nancy is back in town tonight and so I am relieved to have some conversation and a bit of free time during a few feedings throughout the day.

I have been well cared for by our neighbors and friends. I haven't cooked a meal since Jeff left and many have come by to sit with Jack while I rest in the afternoons. It has been such a relief to rely on them!

I am anxious for everyone to come home from China. Jeff has been calling nearly every day and it sounds like everyone is making small adjustments to each other. I can't wait to get Lachlan home and get her on a major weight gaining regime. I find it ironic that I have spent half of my life trying to lose weight and now all I can think about is how to fatten up my children!

Jeff sent a short video clip of Lachlan taking her bath. She loves to splash in the water. Of course, I watched it a million times...there really aren't words to describe how special it is to see your husband taking good care of your baby girl. Only one more week left....thank goodness.

No comments: