Thursday, February 8, 2007

Split Pants

Here in China the little kids don't wear diapers they wear what are called "split pants" and as you can see that is exactly what they are. I thought they were kind of a fun idea and bought some for Lachlan but she still wears a diaper and tights. It seems much easier to just change the diaper but maybe I'll catch on to the split pants idea before I come home (ha,ha).


Streets of Nanchang. We went for a walk around town today. This is a typical street as you walk around the city. Red burn day year round I think.

The walking street (Lachlan's favorite). The booths down the middle of the street are set up to sell items for Chinese New Year next week. It is the year of the pig and everyone is on Winter break getting ready for the holiday. The street is very long and no cars are allowed -making it fun social area in the town. It has been very busy both day and night and we have enjoyed walking and talking with the people.

Candy for sale.

Candy crab apples on a stick

Getting ready for the celebration


Meats of the world

As you can see, we fit right in here in Nanchang.



No comments: