I know that it has been a long time since we even thought about keeping this thing up to date. My cousin, Logan, has re-inspired me tonight. I checked out his family blog and it was so fun to have so many neat pictures...
First of all, the people in the family are doing well. The cats...not so much. Fritz got out on Monday night and spent the night outside. Well, the stress of having Fritz gone for 8 hours "broke Bruce's brain" because when we let Fritz in the next morning, Bruce FREAKED out. These two have been lovers (make-out partners) for years, but all of a sudden, Bruce thinks that Fritz is a new stray that we have made a part of the family. There have been numerous cat fights all week long. Fritz is now terrified of Bruce and consequentially wants to be my lover all night long. Last night he practically smothered me. We have been so distraught by the discontent that we even purchased some "miracle spray" that is loaded with cat pheromones. The odors are supposed to calm the cats down and help them find love again. Seriously, I can't believe that I spent $40 on "love potion #9"--but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. We are going to continue to hope for the best.
Lachlan has been taking swim lessons with her cousin Sierra all week. We only had one day of major crying (mostly related to fatigue). She really enjoys going under the water to get her "ring". She doesn't dive or anything, she just throws it out there and I dunk her under the water and grab the ring at the same time. When she comes up for air, wow, there is the ring. She also likes to tickle Susie and Sierra while they are swimming and pretend that she is a crocodile and swim next to the edge in the shallow end.
Jack is getting so big. sigh. He wants to sit up--all the time. He doesn't want his bottles. He only wants to eat "big boy" food. He wants to be in the tub with Lachlan. He thinks that she is the funniest person ever. He is constantly watching and smiling and giggling at everything she does. We are talking sister worship. He is getting quite a bit of blond hair...although it mostly just stands straight up and I have to mold it into a fro-hawk. Oh, and did I mention the rolling, and rolling and rolling. It is his main mode of transportation. He just keeps going until he gets to where he wants to be.
Our life has been so crazy--can you believe that we are almost to the 6 month mark with Lachlan. We are doing our post-placement accessment with the social worker next week. She has come so far...I suppose that we all have.
No comments:
Post a Comment