Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Her first love...

Lachlan has an obsession...I know you wouldn't think that such a small person could have eyes for only ONE thing. Especially, for Shrek. Oh, my aching heart. I can't stand Shrek and what kills me is that I started the obsession...it all began with a happy meal (another thing I swore that my children would never have to be exposed to).
A Shrek doll was what was in her very first happy meal. Oh, and he was a spectacular figure--he said things like, "I'm an Ogre", "Oh, Boy"...and my favorite, "*Belch*" This plastic treasure became her first friend. Right up until the time I couldn't listen to his ogre voice anymore and I threw him away (secretly, of course). Those of you who know me well will understand that toys sometimes have to go on "a Grandpa Judd mission". Many times (well, all the time) they are never to return. Grandpa Judd used to say, "that dog (insert any animal or item you wish) had to go on a mission"--which meant that it had been convienently disposed of...now that I am older I find that I prefer it to my father's method of disposal "lead poisioning". I want you to know that I was a senior in high school before I really understood that we didn't have a lethal source of lead in our water or food source.

At any rate, despite the fact that Shrek is gone she has a remarkable ability to notice ANY other Shreks that may be throughout the world. Case in point: two nights ago she stumbled upon an open pantry door and went CRAZY-pointing and shouting at the cereal boxes. I told her that I we just ate dinner and she said, "No! GA, GA, GAAAHH" Jeff and I burst into laughter when we realized that she had yet again, discovered a beautiful portrait of Shrek on the Frosted Mini Wheats box.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love that your kids love things that you despise! Karma truly does work. Perhaps this is happening because you hid our toys in the oven that one time! ha, ha, ha...
I also love the pictures of the snow, it makes me miss the snow even more.. I don't think I am quite ready for the grey dreary days of winter in Oregon yet. Keep up the good posts!
Love, Erica