My first batch...carmel, dark chocolate with toasted walnuts and toasted coconut. I had to put them on the back porch to cool them quickly because my chocolate was so smooth it didn't want to stick to the carmel (especially with the weight of the nuts and coconut).
I only used a few Rome apples. They were a little too tart for the carmel, white chocolate and cinnamon sugar. The Crispins were the overall favorite (and incidentally, also recommended by the food network). The best part is that we were able to get ours directly from the local Paradise orchard. The kids had a ball seeing the farm!
The white chocolate is very easy to work with because it is so thick and easily sticks to the carmel. Also, very, very, very tasty.
The dark chocolate creations were the favorites for all adults. Kids tended to like the super sweet chocolate laced with sugar. I loved the white chocolate apples, but I actually licked the stick of one of the dark chocolate vareties. Just for the record, tomorrow I will be wearing my black stretch pants...and I won't even care.
No comments:
Post a Comment