- Jack helped out by removing all of the tops of the basil plants so I guess that I will have to pick up a few more this afternoon.
- He then got both feet stuck in a giant mud puddle, which caused him to fall down and roll around until he was covered. I had to spray him off with the jet sprayer to get it all off.
- Lachlan got caught in the mud puddle and screamed like she had fallen into quick sand. I was able to rush over before she fell, but she refused to wear her shoes after the incident (guilt by association).
- Jack got a hold of the pruners and pruned a chunk of skin out of his stomach and ripped a hole in his shirt. Yeah, it looked as bad as it sounds.
- Jack fell off the back steps
- Jack crawled into the chicken coop and ate three handfuls of "layer feed".
- Jack and Lachlan played in the chicken water and Lachlan "did her hair" (see earlier entries for hair details).
- I probably said, "Shit" over a thousand times and "Son of a Bitch" at least a dozen. Good thing all the neighbors were out working in their yards too.
- The cat jumped up in one of our new trees and broke two of the main branches. Now the tree is completely lopsided. The cat could care less. It remains alive only because I'm not sure which one of them did it--there is a reward for information leading to the prosecution/death of this animal.
The good news is that I didn't even break one nail. That I probably won't ever be given another church job. And that I only smacked Jack on his backside with the "smaller" shovel only once.
5 comments:
At least if your kids start swearing, you're already aware they maybe heard it from you ... Ezri wanders around saying "AwMaGawsh! I cannaBeleeeve it!" And I think, where in the world would she hear anyone talking like a ditsy teen surfer? Then Christian tells me that's exactly what I sound like ... oh-Ma-Gawsh! Can you believe he would say that?
shit, damn, hell, son of a bitch. all a normal part of my day. so glad to hear they are part of yours. i figure it is all very acceptable considering the days we have as moms. thanks for your post. it had me laughing out loud.
Your post is a timely reminder that planting a garden is not for me. I disappear while Bruce takes care of the garden; he in turn disappears when I cook, dry, or can the bounty. Seems to work. P.S. I'm sure Jack had it coming when you whacked him with the shovel.
Well since dammit was one of maren's first words, don't feel bad.
I am so jelous that you guys have a garden. I planted a couple pots of little herbs is all because I know guests will steal them or put cigarette butts in them. Just like they stole my bunny rabbit.
I hope Jack's wound is better.
Hats off to you for even planting a garden...you are my new hero.
Post a Comment