
Yup, Lachlan is now going to preschool! I am so excited for her. She has great teachers, Miss Tiffany & Miss Carrie. She practically runs out the door and jumps in the car when I tell her it is time for school. I was so proud of her because she only cried a little bit on the second day. She got a little nervous when Jack and I left, but she pulled it together and had a successful day. She has been learning about caterpillars and butterflies. These are her art projects. Miss Carrie said that Lachlan is very "creative" with the paint. I interpreted that to mean that she was the only child who painted her whole body and ate some of it.I also wanted to share that Miss Tiffany said that she is friends with everyone in the class and always wants to make sure that everyone is included. There is one little girl who has cerebral palsy in her class. Her mom carries her and helps her to do the class activities. Lachlan is a good friend to her and helps her get toys and cookies. When it was time to go home, Lachlan gave her a hug and a kiss goodbye and helped her clean up her treats. I almost started bawling, but decided that I didn't want to look completely emotional on the second day. Let's face it, compassion has never been my strongest characteristic. I am so proud of Lachlan and I feel so blessed that she has this incredible gift for taking care of people.

Jack puts Lachlan down for her nap. "Night, Night"--Lachlan says, "Night, Night, honey."
6 comments:
Let's go ahead and give Jeff his proper credit for teaching her empathetic and caring ways. Just teasing, kind of.
So sweet. I love the one of Jack giving her a smooch. And by the way, I LOVED seeing you with Jack the other day. He is so handsome, and you are so cute with him.
PS, thank you again for the incredible gift.
what a sweetie! that would make me cry too. ezra doesn't start his preschool until august i think? i don't know they haven't sent me any info as to where he is going or anything.
that is so cute. seriously gave me chills. it's got to feel great to see your kids behave like that. and the picture of jack kissing lachlan is priceless. love it.
What beautiful children, I have missed everyone so much, it is sooo good to be home. Can't wait to see you and give them a hug too Love you, mom
Rosa - your little compassionate one is a doll - your story put tears in my eyes. :) I love you and miss you and am so happy for this thing called "blogs" where at nearly midnight in our respective time zones, we can check in on each other. I need to come visit you and your sweet little family. I think I will do that sometime soon (as soon as I sell my house). Miss you, xoxo heather
Post a Comment