We celebrated Lachlan's third birthday a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to review the pictures and video until now--I decided to post this video because it really captured the whole moment. Being a parent is such a surreal experience most of the time. You have it pictured and planned in your mind--and how things turn out--soooo different. Take one look at my "birthday cake" for Lachlan. She wanted a pink cake. No other specifications. How hard could it be? Well, the cake turned out so light and fluffy that I couldn't even frost the stupid thing. I didn't have time to throw it in the freezer to "stiffen it up," so I just had to wipe the frosting on and try to keep as much of the edge as possible (which wasn't very much). It looked like a greasy pile of pink dump. I threw a bunch of sprinkles on it because it was so hideous. The good news is that Lachlan doesn't care about the form of her sugar heroin. She would have eaten it no matter what--but it was a cooking humiliation for me.
Because the cake was a disaster, I hurried and threw in a batch of homemade donuts for the cousins and other party guests. These were a better option and if anyone is craving a sugar/fat combo stop by because I have enough frozen to get us to her 5th birthday party.
I should mention that this video clip really isn't about Lachlan. It's really about Sierra. Keep your eye on the blonde--I've laughed about this clip for three days. What you don't see in this video is that shortly after the "incident" she snorts a bunch of pink lemonade up her nose and starts hacking and wheezing. You can hear Suz in the background (while we are asking Lachlan if she is having a fun birthday party) asking Sierra if she needs to go in the bathroom and throw up. I've been to many parties with Sierra and she never disappoints in the entertainment category.
So after the "incident", vomiting, and dump cake...why not finish this off in style??? Yeah, we cranked out the pinata. We didn't have anyone get hit in the "you know where"--but Lachlan did cry and Jack got hit in the head with the pinata (more tears).
Oh, and Aunt Sara gave Lachlan a beautiful pink tutu--complete with ribbons and bows. Sorry Sara, but she's terrified of it. Jeff finally got her talked into wearing it yesterday. I think she only did it because he said that if she didn't want to wear it than he was going to give Jack a turn. HE (Jack boy) loves the tutu, the fake hairdryer, plastic lipstick, and the double doll stroller from Nanny Nancy.
I've got high expectations for Halloween.
5 comments:
I love that video, felt like I was there. Thank you for sharing. Hope we can visit while we are in the area this Halloween season!
I got Kate's old chicken costume out for Kiki, which Kate loved. Thought it was clothes and wore it until it was so tight in the crotch that she got sick of being "high centered." Anyway, Kiki looked at it with total disdain and looked back at me like, "You have got to be ***tting me." Good Luck to YOU at Halloween...
I turned on the video and the kids were in the room. Brooklyn relived the moment by singing happy birthday to lachlan over and over for the rest of the day. Apparently it was the best day of her life so far.
OOPS, I made a birthday cake comment in the wrong place. But I have to say that the video made me laugh so hard. I love listening to your running commentary on the whole event. And also, Lachlan's aversion to all things tulle is hilarious. I don't blame her! It's itchy! (See, I wouldn't be a good girl mom.) I have a nice giraffe costume she might enjoy. No feathers or netting involved at all. Let me know.
Cole, Aidan, and Sadie loved watching Lauchlan swaying her head back and forth as everyone sang to her. Cole thinks she is the most hilarious kid he has ever known. She is always so entertaining to watch. keep the vidoes coming. The kids love them.
Post a Comment