Okay, so I read science journals for a living...
I know that this isn't common among the general public, but seriously, this stuff is important.
I came across this website today (reviewing science websites another job requirement)--and saw this quiz. Only 10% of the folks who were given this test within the general population could get them all right. I'll admit that I missed one (there's a question on lasers--physics isn't a strong point for me).
How would you fare?
Take the quiz. I'll evaluate the results of blog readership and chalk it up as a social experiment. If you are struggling with your science, I'll know exactly what you need for your next birthday. Just kidding. I can just see "you" rolling her eyes. There are a lot of "you's" who read this blog. ha.ha.ha.
Go here:
http://www.microbeworld.org/index.php?option=com_jlibrary&view=article&id=849
Click on the 'source' link.
21 comments:
Too bad your not as smart as me. I got 100%. I did have a few lucky guesses though.
ha.ha.ha. I'm so proud of you Maevey!! You are a secret weapon at Trival Pursuit--I'm going to put that in my mind for future use!!
I scored 12/12! Bennett was highly impressed. I'm so excited! That's right folks. The ARTIST got 100% on the science test. Now that is a miracle. Why didn't this ever happen in college?!?
I didn't get the question about lasers either... and I knew the one about mars was either one or the other, I should have guessed the other. 10/12 for me.
I got 11 out of 12! But I'm a big dummy and didn't check the one I missed ...
I have to admit that I was terrified to take it, and if I had done bad I would never have admitted it.
100%! looks like you have some really smart friends. Although atoms vs electrons question was total luck.
i got 10 right. i knew right after answered one question i was wrong... but i am not very science minded at all.
Wooooo-Hooooo! another "artisit" gets 12 for 12 . . . (I did guess about Mars . . . but guessed right!)
I got all 12 questions right. All that education pays off, I guess! :D
This is absolutely fantastic information! Wait until the Pew Research Foundation hears about us--we are going to change the entire context of their review!
In all seriousness, I am so happy. Yeah! A red letter day!
12/12
But I am fairly certain that they use a Laser inside of the satelites used for GPS in order to measure the vibrations of the Cesium atoms that form the "atomic clock." Hence, Laser could be a correct answer here, too.
Also, I'm not sure that "atmospheric" temperature is what scientists think CO2 increases. I think it is surface temperature that is most measured as a function of atmospheric CO2. I could be wrong, though.
Finally, ice, not water, has been found on Mars, but I suppose the physical phase of the HO2 molecule is less important.
Seriously...what is wrong with our cousin Brad??? Can someone say NERD?? HA HA HA HA...
I took the quiz and I got 11/12, but who gives a crap about lasers anyway!
12/12! But I did guess on the laser one. The sad thing is, if I had to eplain the answers to you there is not way in hell. That is the frustrating thing about this brain. It can remeber what was discovered on Mars, but not remember if I gave Maren a bath or not the night before. :)
ok, after hearing about maeves results i just had to take it too! 11/12, not bad right? i missed the one about lasers.
I got 11/12 too. But I got the lasers right. It was the Mars one that I missed, dang it!
11/12 Yahoo!!! I not as dumb as a thought!!! J/K
I got 100%. Thanks for posting this...it was interesting to do and I'll pass it on to others.
I got 11/12. I missed the stinking radioactive question. What the? That's probably the easiest one.
Rats.
Your friend & neighbor -
Rhea
Ahhh shucks. I missed one. I am too embarrassed to say which. I swear at one point I knew all about atoms and electrons, but it's been awhile. :)
But 11 is a good number. I like the way it looks, so I'm sticking to it.
12/12
Aunt Pat, brad just knows how to BS!
Post a Comment